FIWARE keeps on track with its activities and organises the first FIWARE Summit. This event will be the kick-off of a new stage for the FIWARE community, newly set up as ‘FIWARE Foundation’ in order to continue the work developed during the Future Internet PPP since 2011
The event will be held at the ‘Palacio de Congresos’ (Málaga, Spain) between the 13th and 15th of December and will gather the FIWARE community members as developers, accelerators, researchers and public administration, who are supporting the idea of FIWARE as a technology and a growing community.
The event counts already with a draft agenda and will be run through parallel tracks.
Tuesday, 13th December
- Exclusive day for developers from 9 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. in which training sessions on the different enablers and components of FIWARE technology will be held.
- Work meetings of the FIWARE community divided into several thematic lines such as the acceleration program, FIWARE Mundus, FIWARE iHubs, the Foundation or the communication strategy.
Wednesday, 14th December
- Open conference including institutional key-notes by the CEO of the FIWARE Foundation, senior representatives of the European industry and several panels of discussion related to the verticals under which FIWARE is focused: smart cities, agrifood and industry 4.0, as well as in future activities related to acceleration or the FIWARE Mundus programme.
- In parallel, an exhibition area is planned for the start-ups participating in the FIWARE Accelerate program during the past years.
Thursday, 15th December
- Continuation of the ealier day conference with panels related to the FIWARE Marketplace, FIWARE as standard or future roadmap.
Registriation is required to attend to the event at Eventbrite
From ZABALA Innovation Consulting, it will be our first participation in a FIWARE event after the closure of the accelerator FINODEX, which stood out for having funded 101 start-ups from 19 different countries having disbursed a fund of over €4.5 million. FINODEX has facilitated the establishment of 7 new SMEs and an average increase of a 37.3% in company personnel and 47% in the turnover among the 20 finalists. FINODEX companies have also managed to raise an additional amount of € 11 million to date in private capital and other public grants for innovative projects.
ZABALA Innovation Consulting will keep on supporting the start-ups of the FIWARE ecosystem. This has been the main reason for ZABALA to join as a member newly formed FIWARE Foundation.
See you in Malaga?