EMPATTICS project launches a call for tenders
The European pre-commercial procurement EMPATTICS (EMpowering PAtients for a beTTer Information and improvement of the Communication Systems) project has launched its call for tender to find suppliers who can develop and test innovative ICT solutions for patients with chronic diseases which provide self-management tools on adherence to their care plan and acknowledgement of their disease in order to increase their empowerment and management of life. The budget for this is about €2,8 million.
The diseases chosen for the project scope are diabetes, COPD and heart failure, three of the most prevalent chronic diseases among the European citizenship, but the EMPATTICS consortium also expects that the developed solutions may subsequently have wider application.
This competition is organised in 3 phases:
- Phase 1 – successful applicants will receive funding of up to €41,666.67 to carry out feasibility studies / solution development projects, lasting 5 months;
- Phase 2 – successful companies from phase 1 will receive funding of up to €250,000.00 to develop prototypes of their proposed solutions, lasting 9 months;
- Phase 3 – successful companies from phase 2 will receive funding of up to €516,666.67 to test their solutions in the buyer regions: Galicia and Aragón (Spain), Central Denmark Region (Denmark) and Île-de-France (France), lasting 9 months.
- This competition is open until Tuesday, 5 September 2017.
- Documentation shall be addressed to the lead procurer: Axencia Galega para a Xestión do Coñecemento en Saúde – ACIS: Avda. Fernando de Casas Novoa 37, Portal A-B, 1st floor, Santiago de Compostela 15707, Spain.
- The call for tender number for this competition is 690492.
The first Open Market Consultation event took place in Copenhagen, Denmark, on November 9th; the others were held in Santiago de Compostela, Galicia-Spain (November 16th), Zaragoza, Aragón-Spain (November 18th) and Paris, France (November 23rd).
Don't miss any of our R&D calls.
Suscribe you to our newsletter and we will keep you updated to the latest news
You may also be interested in: