€9 million for projects on biodiversity and health
This call aims at supporting transnational research projects jointly addressing issues at the nexus of biodiversity and animal, human and/ or plant health (see figure below) across the different relevant spatial, and temporal scales in an effort to support evidence-based decision-making. Projects addressing only biodiversity issues or only health issues will not be considered within the scope of the call.
The Call addresses the following major themes:
- Relationship between biological diversity and animal, human and/or plant health: effects and underlying mechanisms
- Understanding and predicting the integrated effects of global change factors on biodiversity-related health issues
- Valuing/qualifying biodiversity benefits to animal, human and plant health, and promoting health-friendly biodiversity status as well as biodiversity-based health status
In addition, the intention is also to fund proposals specifically focusing on biodiversity-health relations in European overseas (for areas eligible to this call). In this case, applicants have to address the above-mentioned theme(s), but including a European overseas dimension in term of the issues addressed, models/systems/areas covered, and stakeholders considered in their project. The objective here is that projects would involve research teams from both ORs and OCTs and mainland.
TYPE OF RESEARCH FUNDED
This call will include two actions, supporting two different types of research projects:
- Action A will support collaborative research projects, gathering different research teams generating new knowledge in particular based on the production of new primary data ;
- Action B will support research synthesis projects, gathering individuals forming a working group which perform research and answer research questions using existing data sets. These research projects will not collect or produce new primary data; the core activity of these projects being synthesizing and/or analysing existing datasets (synthesizing concepts and ideas is also eligible). Note that these projects differ from systematic reviews or knowledge synthesis which are based on a synthesis of publications and reports.
!! Please note that Funding Organisations can participate in Action A or B only, or both. Please check in which Action your Funding Organisation is involved here !!
More info at biodiversa.org
Don't miss any of our R&D calls.
Suscribe you to our newsletter and we will keep you updated to the latest news
You may also be interested in: